Can artificial Christmas trees create the same cosy atmosphere like a real tree?
The best holiday season of the year is near. I have got the issue of finding the ideal Christmas tree every year. There are so many artificial Christmas trees available in stores or online. Since this topic seems to be of interest for a majority of people, I thought that I should write a review about artificial Christmas tree.
What is an artificial Christmas tree?
Before I will go into depth about the artificial Christmas tree test, I want to clarify what an artificial Christmas tree is about. The product is an artificial pine or fir tree that can be used as a Christmas tree. The artificial Christmas was developed in Germany in the 19th century due to the issue of deforestation.
Which different kinds of artificial Christmas trees are available?
A wide range of different artificial Christmas trees can be bought nowadays. Below there is a list with the most common used types of artificial Christmas trees:
- Feathers: The feather Christmas tree is made out of green dyed feathers that are attached wires. The wires which are connected to a trunk are the branches of the tree. The benefit of this Christmas is the lack of shed needles. You should be careful with putting candles on this tree as the feathers are inflammable.
- Brush bristles: The British company Addis introduced artificial Christmas trees from brush bristles. They manufactured the trees using animal bristles which were dyed green. This type of tree offered two key advantages over the feather trees. The brush bristle trees are not likely to catch fire and you can put more ornamentation on them.
- Plastic: Most Christmas trees that are available on the market today consist in PVC plastic. They come in various colors and styles. Some of them even have additional features like built-in speakers.
What to consider when buying an artificial Christmas tree?
- I have compiled a check-list with the most important criteria which you should follow step by step to select an artificial Christmas tree that suits you the most:
- Size: A key criteria to select an appropriate tree is to decide where you want to put the tree and how much space are you looking to fill. Keep in mind that you should select a tree that is smaller than your ceiling. There should be enough space to fit the top of your tree into your determined room.
- Quality: Quality is important if you plan to use your tree for more than one holiday season. A high quality tree usually has a metal stand instead of a plastic one. This prevents the tree from leaning to one side if you put a lot of ornaments on it.
- Unlit and Pre-lit Christmas tree: The question whether to buy a pre-lit or unlit Christmas tree refers to the aspect of convenience. If you prefer to decorate your Christmas tree by your, an unlit version would be ideal for you. A pre-lit Christmas should be your choice in case you’re pretty busy around the holiday season.
- Look of decorations and ornaments on the tree: If you plan to decorate the Christmas tree, you should buy a tree with strong branches to hold all of your ornaments.
The Top 6 Christmas trees
Balsam Hill BH Balsam Fir Premium Prelit Artificial Christmas Tree
The brand Balsam Hill pursues the vision of manufacturing the world’s most luxurious and realistic artificial Christmas trees. Balsam Hill sets high standards with its products compared to the product range of its competitors.
Pros: This artificial Christmas tree from Balsam Hill has a teardrop shape and its needles are light green. The True Needle™ Foliage of this Christmas tree leads to a very realistic look of the tree. The Christmas tree includes a couple of useful extra features like storage bag(s) and a remote control for the lights.
Cons: The only major downside of this product is its price. However, this artificial is a worthy investment as you can use it for several holiday seasons.
Verdict: It is the artificial Christmas tree test winner.
Noble Classic Realistic Tree (Unlit)
The website Good Housekeeping describes this artificial Christmas tree as “strong and sturdy”.
Pros: Noble achieves a realistic look of the branches through using a combination of Polyethylene (PE) and PVC to manufacture the trees. It is very easy to assemble.
Cons: This product does not have a major weakness. The trunk and base could look more realistic.
Verdict: This Christmas tree is the price-performance winner.
Balsam Hill Berkshire Mountain Fir Artificial Christmas Tree (Unlit)
This artificial Christmas tree is a space saver.
Pros: This Christmas tree is really narrow and can be fitted into many rooms. The PVC needles of this tree create a look of fullness.
Cons: The smaller circumference limits the amount of decoration you can put on this tree.
Verdict: If you have a limited space available for a Christmas tree, this Balsam Hill tree is a good option for you.
Best Choice Products 6′ Premium Hinged Artificial Christmas Pine Tree With Solid Metal Legs
The brand Best Choice Products aim to offer a high quality Christmas tree at an affordable price.
Pros: This model consists in 1,000 tips which give the tree a very natural appearance. The foldable base enables you to assemble the tree
Cons: It does not look full and has a couple gaps between the branches which lead to an awful overall look of the tree.
Verdict: It is the best artificial Christmas tree for someone with a small budget.
Best Choice Products Pre-Lit Fiber Optic 7′ Green Artificial Christmas Tree with LED Multicolor Lights and Stand
The following artificial Christmas tree will bring an amazing light show into your house.
Pros: This tree has 280 (!) LEDs which cover the entire tree. You can amaze your family and friends by showing them the eight different light sequences of this tree.
Cons: Since the tree is covered with LEDs, there is limited space available for other decorations.
Verdict: This Christmas tree should be listed as a light bulb.
National Tree Company 7-1/2-Feet Kingswood Fir Pencil Tree
This Christmas tree lives up to its name. It is really thin and similar to a pencil.
Pros: The Christmas tree from the National Tree Company seems to be fragile but it convinces many buyers with a great look. It also is very durable and can survive many holiday seasons.
Cons: You cannot put a lot of ornaments on this thin tree as it may fall to one side.
Verdict: This model is the best artificial Christmas tree to decorate small spaces in, for example, apartments or offices.
Can an artificial Christmas tree can be used outdoors?
Most manufacturers of artificial Christmas tree advise to use the tree only inside. However, some can be left outdoors in good weather conditions. Summarizing, it depends on your artificial Christmas tree model whether you can leave outdoors.
Christmas trees are a centerpiece of every holiday season. There is not a single best artificial Christmas tree that satisfies the needs of everyone. Everybody has its own needs like the size of a room. Therefore, this artificial Christmas tree test should only give you a rough idea which type of Christmas tree could be ideal for your Christmas.